Church History

Highlights of Our History

• 1834 Twenty-four people became charter members of the Presbyterian Church at the Head of the Delaware

• 1856 A new church building, seating 250 people, was erected at the approximate site of the existing church.

• 1886 By local subscription over $12,000 was raised and the existing church was erected. The architects for the new church were Purcell and Frye of Philadelphia.

• 1891 Our Hook and Hastings pipe organ was installed; it was pumped by energetic boys and young men until electricity became available in the village in 1912.